What the Safer Streets Fund is and how Portland Square will benefit
The Safer Streets programme aimed to reduce burglary and theft around Portland Square in St Pauls.
This project ended in March 2022.
We were given £398,000 for the programme as part of the government's Safer Streets Fund.
To help create a safer and cleaner environment by the end of March 2022 the programme included:
- professional support for residents to improve security at their homes
- new bike storage
- community marshals educating the community in crime prevention
- more street CCTV monitoring
- property marking kits for residents to help identify expensive items if stolen
- opportunities for residents to volunteer and get involved in activities to keep the community safe
We worked with 24-7 Locks to provide security measure improvements to homes as part of the Safer Streets Project.
If you have any issues with your installations, contact them directly.
The Safer Streets programme is a partnership between:
- Bristol City Council
- Avon and Somerset Police
- Police Crime Commissioners Office
- Home Office
If you have questions about the Safer Streets programme, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to report criminal activity, visit the Avon and Somerset Police website. If it's an emergency, phone 999.