How you can help others, where you can make a donation, how to stay safe when you give or receive help.
Neighbourhoods and communities are giving vital support to people affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
Many of those who are self-isolating are vulnerable people. It's important we act safely when helping others and consider any safeguarding risks.
It can help make the person you're helping feel safe if you show identification to prove who you are or where you live. Never ask them for personal details or bank details and encourage older relatives or neighbours not to give their personal details to anyone.
If you're worried about someone who might be vulnerable, fill in our online safeguarding referral form.
Stay safe while helping others
Make sure you follow the latest NHS guidelines Go to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ (opens new window) to stay safe while you're helping others.
Watch video guidance on staying safe while helping other people in:
- Urdu Go to https://youtu.be/2c_JD5hSGh4 (opens new window)
- Punjabi Go to https://youtu.be/Fz77b1fzLS0 (opens new window)
- Kurdish Go to https://youtu.be/T-RF41XDWl4 (opens new window)
- Arabic Go to https://youtu.be/nb4FTT11zkc (opens new window)
- Polish Go to https://youtu.be/gmxOrEoMzzk (opens new window)
- Bengali Go to https://youtu.be/VX0QZvGwuBM (opens new window)
- Somali Go to https://youtu.be/xl6b2oAuTns (opens new window)
Stay safe while receiving support
If someone offers to help you, make sure you know and trust them. Never give them money or your bank details or any other personal details.
How you can help
To volunteer to help in your area, we recommend you sign up to Can Do Bristol. Can Do Bristol won't work on Internet Explorer. Use another browser such as such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox or Safari. You will need to become a Can Do member to sign up for a volunteer opportunity.
Read our guidance for volunteers.