We're tendering for a new single framework for the majority of Adult Social Care services. It will bring together all previous frameworks.
The new single framework will help us simplify the way in which we buy care and support by streamlining our terms and conditions, quality assurance frameworks and tender processes and improve outcomes for service users.
The single framework for adult social care will replace several of our existing contracts. Services include:
- residential and nursing care homes
- supported accommodation
- extra care housing
- home care
- support to access the community, day services and help when you need it
- individual service funds and direct payments
If you're a provider commissioned to deliver one of the contracts listed above and your contract is due to expire in the next 12 to 18 months, the new contract will be tendered through the single framework.
This will apply to the majority of Bristol's local care market that we commission with.
We hope that you will find:
- getting on to this framework simpler and more streamlined than in the past
- it easier to work with us to grow your business and take on supporting new Bristol service users post their care act assessments and support plans
Our role as commissioners continues to be to facilitate a robust and resilient local care market and the framework is going to be the procurement route to help ensure that.
When the tender will happen
The tender is open and will close on 14 November 2023.
Find more information on our Opportunities to Tender page.
Engagement and consultation
We're currently planning how the new single framework will operate and speaking to key stakeholders.
We're planning a range of engagement events with service users and service providers. At these events people can feed into our plans.
Future events will be published on this page including details of how to join.
We will also talk to our service providers through our provider forums.
A public consultation will be held to gather the views of service users, service providers, partners and citizens where service specifications are likely to change.
10 May tender presentation
We ran a tender presentation on 10 May 2023.
View the pdf Single Framework Update presentation (203 KB) from that meeting.
12 May 2023 engagement event
We ran a Supported Living and STAC engagement event on 12 May 2023.
- pdf Supported Living and STAC engagement event presentation (360 KB)
- pdf Supported Living and STAC engagement event feedback (152 KB)
22 May engagement event
We ran an Day Services provider engagement event on 22 May 2023.
26 May engagement event
We ran an Extra Care Housing provider engagement event on 26 May 2023.
14 July engagement event
We ran an Residential and Nursing Provider engagement event on 14 July 2023.
25 July tender presentation
We ran a tender presentation on 25 July 2023.
7 August engagement event
We ran a Supported Accommodation engagement event on 7 August 2023:
- pdf Supported Accommodation engagement event presentation (1019 KB)
- pdf Supported Accommodation event feedback (134 KB)
31 August Pre-tender event for the single framework
We ran a Pre-tender event: 'Getting Tender Ready' on 31 August 2023:
- pdf Getting Tender Ready presentation slides (2.01 MB)
- pdf Pre tender event supplier questions and responses (166 KB)
You can also find a recording of the session on YouTube.
The recording will also be useful for future ASC tendering opportunities as the main focus of the session was to provide general to support providers about tendering, not specifically about the single framework tender.