Help and advice for vulnerable people in extreme cold or hot weather.
Priority service schemes
You can register for a priority service scheme with your utility company if you have particular need because of your:
- ill health
- mental illness
Priority service schemes allow vulnerable customers to access extra services such as:
- different bill formats like Braille or large print
- advanced warning if we're planning to stop your energy or water supply
- special passwords that we can use when we visit you
You can register with:
If your supplier is not listed, visit their website to find out what services they offer.
Vulnerable or elderly people
If you're concerned about a vulnerable or elderly person, contact Care Direct on 0117 922 2700, during office hours. At night or weekends, contact the Emergency Duty Team on 01454 615165.
Register as a vulnerable customer with your gas, water and electricity suppliers, if you're eligible.
We'll help find people that sleep rough somewhere warm to sleep, if:
- the temperature is likely to be zero degrees or below for three nights in a row
- the Met Office issue an amber warning of rain and wind that is likely to last three nights in a row
- other factors such as wind chill could cause risk to life
This is called the Severe Weather Emergency Protocol (SWEP).
If you're sleeping rough, or worried about someone sleeping rough, contact Street Link Go to http://www.streetlink.org.uk/ (opens new window) on 0300 500 0914.