Information about accessible services and tools in Central Library.
Disabledgo.com have a detailed access guide on Central library facilities, resources and parking.
We also have the following facilities:
- low level counter at all desks
- magnifying glass at all desks
- tactile signposting in main areas
TexBox: textphone 0117 357 4444 and choose Central Library.
TexBox Go to http://www.texbox.co.uk/tpo/bcc/ (opens new window) transfers your call to a library staff member, who speaks to you via a computer in real time.
You can find the following items in the Disability Resource Centre on the first floor:
- wheelchair accessible computer desks
- headphones to use free of charge with the computers
- large screen computer monitors
We also have a desktop magnifier monitor that magnifies print or objects onto a viewer in the reference library.