You can apply for a traders' permit if you carry out any of these trades commercially:

  • Aerial installation
  • Bathroom fitting
  • Building
  • Carpentry
  • Carpet fitting
  • Decorating
  • Electrical installation and maintenance
  • Gardening
  • Insulation installation
  • Joinery
  • Kitchen fitting
  • Masonry
  • Painting
  • Plumbing
  • Roofing
  • Tiling
  • Tree surgery
  • Window fitting

You must have a legitimate business need to work in one or more parking scheme areas.

Traders' permits are valid in all of the residents' parking scheme areas but not in the Central Parking Zone.

You can buy either:

  • books of daily scratch cards costing £73 for a book of 25 cards - up to a limit of three books a year or
  • an annual permit for your vehicle costing £224

document Get trader's permit or scratch cards (211 KB)

You can upload a digital copy of the form to return it to us rather than post it.


If you're carrying out work at a property, you can use pay and display parking, or ask your client to provide you with a visitors' (scratchcard) permit. 

If you need to do building works that may take some time, we could suspend an area of parking for you instead of using visitors' permits.

Information on bay suspensions can be found on our parking suspensions page.

You might qualify for a trader's permit.

Contact us

If you need to contact us about traders permits fill in our residents' parking contact form

Also see