Evidence you may need to send us for proof of address or a sibling link when you apply for a primary place.

If you are moving to a new address outside Bristol contact the local authority for that area for information about deadlines and documentation they require to confirm your change of address.

If you are moving to a new address in Bristol we may need to see documentary evidence before accepting that information given in your application is genuine. We may talk to schools, other council departments, other admission authorities and the health authority or may ask you to provide evidence.

Evidence needed

Sibling link

Examples of evidence to support a sibling link may include: 

  • full birth certificates 
  • court orders 
  • Home Office documents 
  • Child Arrangement Orders 
  • Parental Responsibility Orders

If it is found that a sibling currently at the school was offered a place on the basis of false information then for any further applications received, we'll discount the sibling link.

Change of address

You must let us know straightaway. If you are moving to an address in Bristol we may need documentary evidence of your new address. If you move after you have made an application but before the places are allocated, this may affect the offer of a place. 

A change of address must be confirmed by 8 May 2024 for your application to be processed with your new address in the second round of allocations.

Examples of evidence to support a change of address we may need are a copy of a:

  • solicitor's letter that gives details of Exchange of Contracts and a completion date and proof of sale of your last property
  • rental agreement for a council or housing association property
  • council tax statement for your new property showing your liability
  • council tax statement and your last council tax schedule showing the end of your liability for your last property
  • current utility bill and a copy of an end of account utility bill from your last address
  • landlord's licence if the property is a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) 

If you knowingly or wilfully provide a false statement such as a false address, which would affect the success of your application, you can be prosecuted under s5(b) of the Perjury Act 1911.

Withdrawal of a primary school place offer

We can withdraw an offer of a place in some circumstances.