If you need care and support, you should get independent financial advice so that you can make the best decisions for you.

An independent financial adviser can help you decide how to make your money cover long term care costs. They'll also make sure you're claiming all the benefits and allowances you're entitled to.

Many independent financial advisers offer a free first consultation, then charge either a fee or commission. You should ask about any charges before asking them to do any work for you.

Find a financial adviser

We can't recommend a particular advisor or advice service; make sure you find out that any adviser is qualified.

The Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA)

SOLLA helps people to find independent financial advisors who specialise in the financial needs of older people. All advisors have to prove that they're qualified before they are accredited by SOLLA. See the adviser search on the SOLLA website to find a local, fully accredited advisor.

Paying For Care

Paying For Care is a website that offers advice on care costs and planning for care. They also help you to search for local care fees advisers.

The Money Advice Service

The Money Advice Service was set up by the government and offers impartial and unbiased money advice and information to help you make the most of your money, whatever your circumstances.

My Care, My Home

My Care, My Home is an organisation that provides support and guidance to people who pay for their own care. The initial assessment, information and advice are free. They can offer advice over the phone or visit you in your home.

Contact information

Care Direct

Email: adult.care@bristol.gov.uk
Tel: 0117 922 2700