Services for disabled children and their families, how to contact us.
We have three service areas for disabled children and their families. They are:
- social care hub services for children with additional needs
- specialist services for children who are likely to need lifelong support
- support in local children's centres and area social work teams who assess and support children
Social care hub services
- Advice and information on services in your community from FLORA (Families, Local Offer, Resources and Advice) as soon as you think your child has additional needs and before any assessment. Email FLORA on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0117 352 6020.
- Needs assessments for children going through the Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan process.
- Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan reviews to make sure social care support plans are included in your child's EHC plan.
- If your child has an EHC plan, you can contact us for support for local groups to make sure children with SEND can do activities in your community. Email email@example.com Go to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org (opens new window).
- Universal or targeted short breaks for you or your child.
- The Bristol Children's Disability Register, which offers a free discount card when you sign up and update on what's happening in your area.
Specialist services for disabled children
Specialist services for disabled children are for children who have complex health needs or moderate to severe learning disabilities and will need professional help throughout their lives. These services include:
- occupational therapy
- support from specialist social workers
- residential short breaks and overnight short breaks for the child
Services for disabled children who do not have lifelong or severe learning disabilities
Your local Family in Focus team or social work team can support you. They work with the social care hub and specialist social work teams when necessary.
If you need more information or have questions:
- email email@example.com
- call 0117 903 8250
- text phone 0117 903 8255
- write to Disabled Children Services, 5 Knowle West Health Park, Downton Road, Bristol, BS4 1WH