The report sets out Bristol's response to domestic abuse and sexual violence.
The report sets out the seven principles and 35 recommendations that will underpin Bristol's citywide response to domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Background to the report
The Mayoral Commission on Domestic Abuse first formed in 2020.
Twenty-eight local and national organisations took part in five themed workshops. These workshops produced the series of principles in the report to help prevent domestic abuse.
Organisations represented in the commission workshops include:
- Avon and Somerset Police,
- Avon and Somerset Police and Crime Commissioner
- BGSW Community Rehabilitation Company
- Bristol City Council
- Bristol Dementia Wellbeing Service
- Bristol Women's Commission
- Bristol Women's Voice
- Community Access Support Service: Bristol
- Family Nurse Partnership: Sirona Care and Health,
- National Probation Service
- Nelson Trust
- Next Link Plus Housing
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Office of Thangam Debbonaire MP
- SARSAS – Somerset and Avon Rape and Sexual Assault Support
- Southmead Project
- Splitz Support Service
- University of Bristol
- Bristol Medical School (Population Health Sciences)
- University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
- Victims of Image Crime
- Womankind Bristol