If you're a member of the Armed Forces and you don't have a permanent address in the UK you can register to vote as a service voter.

You can also register if you're married to, or are the civil partner of a member of the Armed Forces, and you're accompanying them during their employment abroad.

Register to vote (armed forces)on the GOV.UK website


If you have a permanent home address in the UK and want it to be on the electoral register you can register as a non-service voter.


You're allowed to vote in all elections.

How to vote

If you're living abroad you can vote by post. Check that postage times will allow enough time to receive and return your ballot papers.

You can also ask someone to vote on your behalf. This is called a proxy vote