What items you can borrow or hire, how long you can keep them and how to return them.
You can borrow or hire a range of item when you visit our libraries, including books, CDs, and DVDs.
You can borrow ebooks, e-audio books and e-magazines from the LibrariesWest website.
What you can borrow
The number of items you can borrow depends on your membership.
- Adults, young adults, teenagers, and children: a maximum of 20 items
- Drama groups: up to six play sets or six single copies of a play
- No permanent address: four items
- Visitors: four items
How long you can keep an item for depends on the type of item.
You can borrow items for the following lengths of time:
- books: 3 weeks
- books marked as Fastback: 1 week
- spoken word CDs: 3 weeks
- CDs: 3 weeks
- DVDs: 1 week
- DVD boxed sets: 3 weeks
- sheet music: 3 weeks
- play sets: up to 6 months, with a drama group ticket
- plays, one copy: 3 weeks, on either individual or drama group tickets
- items borrowed from libraries outside LibrariesWest: may have different loan lengths
You can return books to any LibrariesWest library.
You can renew items online, by phone or in person.