Who to contact if you need support with parenting or you think that your child needs some help from us.
We can help with:
- your child's behaviour
- a problem related to domestic violence or substance misuse
We'll listen to you to help decide what kind of support is right for you and your family. This can include 1 to 1 and group support, parenting courses, information and advice and resources to help you with parenting.
Contact us on 0117 903 6444.
Young Parents – Bristol Post 16 Go to https://www.bristolesl.com/bristolpost16/welcome/young-parents/ (opens new window) (on the Bristol Employment Learning and Skills website) is part of the Young Careers and Pathways Team within Bristol City Council, supporting young parents to navigate the barriers faced while trying to access education, employment, or training.
Couple parenting and co-parenting relationships
Getting On Better cards were developed by relationship experts OnePlusOne. They're designed to help you think about your relationship in a new way, with ideas on how to reduce tension and arguments.
Parents can look through the cards and follow the suggestions either together or separately.
- pdf Stages and changes (476 KB)
- pdf Logs and fire (934 KB)
- pdf Conflict styles (351 KB)
- pdf The magic ratio (437 KB)
- pdf Communicate better (312 KB)
- pdf Harmful and helpful (221 KB)
- pdf Child roles (375 KB)
- pdf Parent roles (382 KB)
Support in Bristol
You can also find support at:
- Advice Network: free, independent advice across the South West
- Action for Children: Bristol Separated Parents Information Programme
You can get advice from:
- Action for children
- Advisory Centre for Education (ACE)
- Family Lives
- Fostering Network
- Support for children and young people from Gov.uk
Couple parenting and co-parenting relationships support:
- Parenting Post Separation - Fegans
- Links for Separating or Separated Parents - NACCC
- Reducing parental conflict - Relate
Financial and legal advice:
- Child benefit information from Gov.uk
- Childrens Legal Centre
- Citizens Advice
- Family Mediation Council
- Family Rights Group (FRG)
- National Family Mediation (NFM)
- Talking money: Bristol debt advice centre
Support for drug and addiction issues:
Support for prisoners and their families: