We run a range of parenting courses for parents of children aged 3 to 17 years old.
We have courses about:
- young children
- children with challenging behaviour
- children with anxiety
- teenagers with aggressive or abusive behaviour or who've been involved in the criminal justice system
These are run by Families in Focus Parenting Team Specialists who are all part of Improving Access to Psychological Therapies or CYP-IAPT.
This means we deliver accessible and evidence-based parenting services based on principles of participation and collaborative practice.
These courses include:
- The Incredible Years: for parents and carers of children aged 3 to 10 years with challenging behaviour
- Parents Plus Adolescents Programme: for parents and carers of children and teenagers aged 10 to 17 years
- Timid to Tiger: for parents and carers of children aged 3 to 12 years with anxiety
- Non-Violent Resistance or NVR: for parents or carers of children aged 8 to 17 years with violent, controlling or self-destructive behaviours
- Parents Plus Parenting When Separated Programme: for parents who're preparing for, going through, or have gone through a separation or divorce
See the full list of pdf parenting courses (165 KB) .
You're welcome to join courses up to the second week, or third if the course starts with a taster session. If you're too late to join a course that's already started, you can sign up for the next course.
If you're not sure which course is right for you contact your local Families in Focus Parenting Team:
- East/Central: familiesinFocusEastCentral@bristol.gov.uk
- North Bristol: familiesinFocusNorth@bristol.gov.uk
- South Bristol: firstname.lastname@example.org
Children's centres also offer parenting support for parents with children under 5.
You can get online parenting courses, advice and telephone coaching from: