What we sell, how to donate items, how to volunteer at the shops.
The Bristol Waste Reuse Team keep good condition items in use. They:
- run the Reuse Shops
- donate items to local charities
Bristol Waste Reuse Shops:
- check and test items where necessary (for example, PAT test electricals)
- sell items at low prices
- donate items such as bikes, prams and mobility aids to local charities
Visit our Reuse shops
You can drop off items for Reuse at drop off points at all recycling centres. Different items are accepted at different sites.
You can then visit the Reuse Shops on site.
St Phillips Little Reuse Shop
At St Philips Household Waste Recycling Centre.
Open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, midday to 4pm.
You'll need to book a slot to visit the recycling centre, as there's no separate entrance for the Little Reuse Shop.
Avonmouth Reuse Shop
Avonmouth HRRC, Kings Weston Lane, Avonmouth, Bristol, BS11 0YS. Call 0117 304 9592.
Open Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, midday to 4pm.
You can visit the Avonmouth Reuse Shop without booking. You can access the whole recycling centre, including the Reuse shop, by car, bike, and foot.
Access the customer car park by taking the left turning before the Recycling Centre.
Hartcliffe Way Reuse Shop
83 Hartcliffe Way, BS3 8RN. Call 0117 304 9591.
Open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, midday to 4pm.
You can visit the Hartcliffe Way Reuse Shop without booking. You can access the whole recycling centre, including the Reuse shop, by car, bike, and foot.
Access the customer car park by turning right when you first enter the Recycling Centre.
We also have an eBay shop where we sell:
- specialist items like parts for laptops and computers
- rare or collectable items
What we sell at the Reuse shops
Our stock is made up of:
- direct donations
- items saved from being recycled or going to landfill at our recycling centres
We sell lots of different things, including:
- TVs (Avonmouth and Hartcliffe Way only)
- game consoles (Avonmouth and Hartcliffe Way only)
- paint: call ahead if you're after specific paint, to check if we have it in stock, we also stock ReColour paint
- bikes, safety checked (Avonmouth only)
- compost made from garden waste from other people's cuttings: buy 15 litres for £1 and complete Bristol's green garden circle economy (Avonmouth only)
Donate items for reuse
If you have items that can be reused, leave them inside our reuse shipping container:
- on the lower level of the Recycling Centre at Avonmouth
- by the ceramic and rubble bays at St Phillips
- on the left hand side of the new Recycling Centre at Hartcliffe Way
We'll sort through your items and take them into our workshop to be cleaned and checked.
Check with a member of staff before donating to make sure we can accept your donation.
- wooden furniture, such as tables, chairs, wardrobes (no flat pack furniture please)
- armchairs and sofas with fire labels
- vacuum cleaners
- TVs with remote control and power lead
- amps, sound equipment and speakers
- record players
- lamps and lights
- bric-a-brac such as crockery, ornaments, clocks
- children's toys and games
- electrical items in working order (Avonmouth and Hartcliffe Way only)
We PAT and function test all electrical items to make sure they're safe to use and in good working order.
We cannot repair items that do not work.
What we do with the money raised in the shops
Most of the money raised from selling the items goes back into running Reuse at Bristol Waste Company. A third of the profit goes to local charities.
For the financial year 2021 to 2022 we donated:
- £10,000 to St Peters Hospice
- thousands of items to local charities
Our charity partners include:
- Aid Box Community
- St Peter's Hospice
- St Mungo's homeless charity
- 1625 Independent People: charity helping young people to reboot their lives
- Baby Bank Network
- FixX bike workshop
- Glos Bike Project
- PhysioNet: helping people with disabilities overseas
Volunteer at a Reuse Shop
We're looking for people to join our volunteer team in the Avonmouth, Hartcliffe Way and the Little Reuse Shop in St Philips Reuse and Recycling Centre.
There's a range of roles, including:
- helping out on the shop floor
- sorting and organising donations
- function testing electrical items
If you've got a skill you'd like to offer, get in touch.