When you can use a hire van or trailer and what you'll need to bring with you.

You do not need a permit for a hire van or trailer if the hire agreement is for 3 days or less.

If the hire is longer than 3 days you cannot use it for visiting the recycling centre.

You need to book a timed visit to the recycling centres.

You'll need to bring:

  • your vehicle hire agreement
  • a council tax or utility bill in your name from the last 3 months
  • your photo card driving licence

If you arrive in a Car Club or Zipvan vehicle you'll only need to show proof of address (preferably council tax bill or driving licence) to use the site.

Find out about what you can bring to a Reuse and Recycling Centre. It's illegal to bring business, trade or construction waste to the recycling centres.

Contact information

HWRC permit applications

Bristol Waste Company (Gate 1 Reception)
Albert Road
Bristol, BS2 0XS

Email: permits@bristolwastecompany.co.uk