What to do when you have a new year 7 secondary school place offer and when you need to do it.
You must reply by 15 March 2024 when receiving an offer for a new year 7 secondary school place offer.
If you applied online you'll get an email with a link to log on to the Parent Portal Go to https://parent.bristol.gov.uk/web/portal/pages/parents/admissions (opens new window). When you have logged in you should either:
- accept the place by placing a tick in the accept' box, before clicking send response
- not accept the place and ask to go on a waiting list for a school that you applied for but did not get offered a place
- not accept the place and request an appeal for your preferred school
- not accept the place and tell us that the place is no longer needed for example if your child will be attending an independent school
- not accept the place and request new school preferences, all changes must be made in writing to your home council*
*If you live in Bristol and made an online application you can change your preference or preference order on the Parent Portal or email firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your preferences, you need to tell us your first, second and third preference.
When changes have been made to your application you can view them in the Parent Portal. Due to the high volume of responses received changes may not appear until after 15 March 2024.
You cannot view the outcome of your application in the Parent Portal before you receive an email or letter notifying you of the decision made.
Applied by post
If you applied by post your offer letter will include a form for you to indicate what you want to do which you must fill in and return.