Find out about national clean air zone exemptions.
If your vehicle is eligible for a national exemption, you will not be charged to drive in any UK Clean Air Zone.
To see if you're exempt from charges use the online vehicle checker (GOV.UK).
National exemptions are applied automatically so you do not need to apply.
Find out about national Clean Air Zone exemptions and support available (GOV.UK).
National exemptions include:
- ultra low emissions vehicles (ULEV)
- disabled passenger tax class vehicles
- disabled tax class vehicles
- military vehicles
- historic vehicles
- vehicles retrofitted with technology accredited by the Clean Vehicle Retrofit Accreditation Scheme (CVRAS)
- certain types of agricultural vehicles
Find out more about disabled tax classes.
Bristol's Clean Air Zone does not apply to motorcycles, which do not incur a charge in the zone.
If your vehicle is not nationally exempt but you think it should be, you'll need to contact the Central Clean Air Zone Service:
Clean air zone support
Online contact form
Telephone: 0300 029 8888
Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Saturday, 8am to 2pm