What you can put in your black wheelie bin, how to use your black bin, what to do if you can't have a black wheelie bin.
What you can put in your black wheelie bin
Only put waste that can't be recycled into your black wheelie bin. You can also take it to your local reuse and recycling centre.
Using your black wheelie bin
- We'll collect either the contents of one closed wheelie bin or three waste sacks, if you can't have a wheelie bin
- Put your black wheelie bin out for collection by 6am on your collection day
- Make sure the bin is at the edge of your property, where the waste collection team can see it from the road
- Make sure your bin lid is closed
- Put nappies and pads in a bag before you put them in your bin
- Don't put out any extra rubbish bags for collection
- If your bin is too heavy to be wheeled to the back of our collection vehicle then we can't empty it
- Take your bin off the highway as soon as possible after the collection
- Keep coronavirus waste separate to other waste for 72 hours before putting it in your black wheelie bin
If you can't have a black wheelie bin at your property
You can put out up to three waste sacks for collection.