How to get small electrical items collected with your other recycling.
Put small electrical items in an untied carrier bag and put it in your black recycling box.
Items with plugs or rechargeable batteries that will be accepted are:
- alarm/clock radios
- blender bases
- CD drives/hard drives
- coffee machines
- computer keyboards
- cordless phones
- DVD players
- e-cigarettes and vapes (undamaged)
- electric toothbrushes and chargers
- electric whisks and mixers
- extension cables
- hair straighteners
- hair trimmers
- handheld vacuum cleaners
- miscellaneous power tools
- paper shredders
- personal stereos
- phones and mobile phones (including base stations and handsets)
- printed circuit boards
- remote controls
- small stereos
- TV aerials and aerial boosters
They don't need to be in working order.
Microwaves and items with screens, such as laptops and televisions, cannot be collected at the kerbside as part of these collections. They should be taken to a household waste recycling centre or collected through the bulky waste collection scheme.