With a concessionary bus pass, you're entitled to free off-peak travel on local buses anywhere in England.
In the Bristol area, this includes First Bus, the MetroBus, Park and Ride services and community transport services.
You can use your bus pass:
- on journeys starting within Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire, Monday to Friday from 9am to 4am the next day and anytime Saturday, Sunday or public holidays
- if you're blind or partially sighted and in receipt of a Platinum Travelcard, you can use your bus pass for free travel at anytime on journeys starting and finishing in Bristol
- on Park and Ride services and Bristol community transport services
- on local buses starting anywhere else in England, Monday to Friday 9:30am to 11pm and anytime Saturday, Sunday or public holidays.
- on Service T7 to travel from England to Wales or from Wales to England, but not to travel from one Welsh stop to another Welsh stop on the Service T7 or any other service in Wales
- on the Transport For London bus network, however you will need to show your pass to the driver
You cannot use your bus pass on:
- long distance coach services, such as National Express or MegaBus
- open top city tours
- Airport Flyer bus service A1 for travel to or from Bristol Airport (but valid on the rest of the route)
- Air Decker bus service A4 for travel to or from Bristol Airport (but valid on the rest of the route)