Barton House evacuation: information for residents.

Our pdf publication scheme (671 KB)  explains the type of information we publish.

Published freedom of information compliance statistics:

The latest figures will be published one to two months after the end of the quarter to which the figures relate.

Make a Freedom of Information request if you can't find what you're looking for on this page.

Council and Mayor

How the council works
How long the Mayor serves for, information about our councillors.

pdf Our constitution (61 KB)
How the council operates and the procedures which are followed.

Employment, equalities and HR

Employment data, equalities and HR policies
Information about equalities charts, vacant posts, leavers, sickness and temporary employees. Also includes HR policies that we use; worklife balance, expenses and pay policy.

Budget and finances

Council budget
Our revenue and capital budgets, and our medium term spending plans.

Fraud prevention and detection: data matching
How the Audit Commission audits our accounts.

Items or services purchased by the council that cost over £500
Reports go back to 2010 and are done on a monthly basis.

Business rates

Business rates - frequently requested information
Empty properties and credit on accounts.

Pay and allowances

Councillors' allowances and payments
The basic allowance for a councillor is £11,530. Allowances are for time given and expenses.

Senior officers' pay
Pay policy and pay grades for the City Director and senior officers posts.

Policies and reports

What we do with your personal data
Privacy statement.

Scrutiny reports
Scrutiny commission reports and recommendations.

Performance reports

Decision making

How decisions are made
The role of the council, the Mayor, Scrutiny and other committees.

Mayor's forward plan
Decisions that are likely to be determined during the next four months.

Births, marriages and deaths

Registers of birth, death, marriage and civil partnership
Order a certificate online, in person or by post.

pdf Public Health funerals - frequently requested information (21 KB) .


Empty properties owned by organisations
We cannot give you details of empty properties owned by individuals.


Licences we issue
Includes alcohol and entertainment licences, gambling permits, HMO licensing and taxi licensing.

Open data

Bristol City Council open data
Includes all our open data on and annual release datasets.

International travel costs

This information is available on the Bristol City Council open data page.