Domestic homicide reviews
The Keeping Bristol Safe Partnership will carry out a domestic homicide review (DHR) when someone aged 16 or over dies as a result of violence, abuse or neglect by a relative, household member or someone theyve been in an intimate relationship with.
The DHR will look at the circumstances that led to the death. This will help professionals understand what happened and what needs to change to reduce the risk of something like this happening again.
The DHR will be carried out by a review panel made up of people from the Keeping Bristol Safe Partnership. This includes the police Go to https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/ (opens new window), domestic abuse specialist services, health services, fire service Go to http://www.avonfire.gov.uk/ (opens new window) and VOSCUR Go to http://www.voscur.org/ (opens new window). The panel is led by an independent chair.
The panel will look at each agencys involvement in the case and might speak to family, friends and work colleagues of the victim. They will then make recommendations to improve the response to domestic violence in the future.
The DHR report wont say how the person died or whos to blame. The review takes place in addition to other inquires, like an inquest or post-mortem.
- pdf Nicki, Domestic Homicide Review Professionals' Briefing (303 KB)
- pdf Jonathan, Domestic Homicide Review Executive Summary (398 KB)
- pdf Jonathan, Domestic Homicide Review Overview Report (662 KB)
- pdf Becky, Domestic Homicide Review Executive Summary (718 KB)
- pdf Becky, Domestic Homicide Review Statements (130 KB)
- pdf Maggie, Executive Summary 2018 (346 KB)
- pdf Maggie, Overview Report 2018 (894 KB)
- pdf Rasa, Executive Summary 2018 (400 KB)
- pdf Rasa, Overview Report 2018 (867 KB)
- pdf Susan, Executive Summary 2018 (214 KB)
- pdf Susan, Overview Report 2018 (1.05 MB)
- Child D, 2018, Serious Case Review and Domestic Homicide Review
- pdf Idil, Sept 2016, executive summary (547 KB)
- pdf Idil, Sept 2016, report (1.14 MB)
- pdf Warbixin kooban oo ku saabsan dilkii Idil Ahmed (222 KB)
- pdf Holly, June 2016, executive summary (157 KB)
- pdf Holly, June 2016, report (379 KB)
- pdf Carly, March 2015, executive summary (652 KB)
- pdf Carly, March 2015, report (2.53 MB)
- pdf Jean, July 2014, executive summary (210 KB)